Sunday, October 28, 2018

Pahranagat Moths and Butterflies

Those of you who follow my blog know that birds, although my main focus, are not the only creatures I enjoy! There are a number of insects here and I have been able to get pics of a few. First is a Red Admiral butterfly.


This next one is a Painted Lady butterfly.


This next one is a Monarch butterfly.


Finally is a cluster of Great Oak Dagger moths. They are not much to look at from the top but the underside of their wings is a dark orange!


I have seen other butterflies but getting pics is a challenge. Hopefully I will capture more to share in the coming days.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...