Thursday, September 13, 2018

Twin Lakes-Bridgeport,CA

I will be spending the next couple days here at Twin Lakes. There are 6 Federal campgrounds in this area. Some are along Robinson Creek, which is the creek that flows out of the Twin Lakes basin. I chose one closest to the lakes and without reservations. It is $23 ($11.50 with my Senior discount) per night with paved sites, pit toilets and potable water. All sites along the creek were taken but I have plenty of sun for solar panels and great phone connectivity! This is the view toward the lake.


This is the view of the campground. It is slightly above 7000 ft with daytime time temps in the 70's and night time temps in the 30's!


I took a bird walk along the creek and up to the lake. The creek is so clear, that you can see the bottom of the creek at any point. The lake is almost as clear.


I stopped at a fish cleaning station where a man was cleaning a 4.5 lb rainbow trout! The largest he has ever caught. There is a little store nearby where you can get all the basics like bread, milk and liquor! I was able to ID 23 bird species and get a few good pics like these of a red-tailed hawk.



To see more pics and a complete list of today's birds, click here: Twin Lakes bird list

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a GEM at this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, color us green with envy! And a good bird list with some excellent photos.

    ReplyDelete

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...