Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Davis Creek County Park- Washoe City, NV

I left Howard's Gulch this morning and drove about 200 miles to Davis Creek Campground. It is another beautiful campground in the midst of tall pine trees! It is $25 a night with no hookups but it does have flush toilets, Potable water and showers! All RV spots are paved and fairly level. you might have trouble finding one to fit a large RV but my little Bigfoot fits just fine.


There is a 1.7 miles hiking trail that wanders around and thru the camp. I birded part of it and identified 16 species which included 3 types of nuthatches and 3 types of woodpeckers, one of which is this White-headed Woodpecker!


I'll be on the road early tomorrow. I will have to take a look at a map to determine my next camp site!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...