Friday, September 14, 2018

Awesome Twin Lakes Birding

Started this morning with 3 Great-horned Owls hooting and flying treetop to treetop around my campsite! I tried adding a video of an owl hooting but it would not play to here are a couple still pics.


The owl below leaned forward and lifted its tail to hoot! I had never seen that before but they were all doing it!



I tried adding the video to my ebird list but even though the site claims to support MP4 files, it would not accept the file! I identified 31 species on today's walk. There are 2 lists for today as the owls are on a separate one. They came by before the sun cleared the ridge so it is a bit dark! Here are a couple pics from today.


 A Clark's Nutcracker. There were lots of these eating seeds from pine cones.


A Green-tailed Towhee. To see a complete list of today's birds and more pics, click here: Twin Lakes bird list

No comments:

Post a Comment

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...