Saturday, September 15, 2018

Hiking for an overview picture!

I have been wondering what kind of view I would have if I hiked the hill beside the campground!


 I started out planning to climb to the top but when I arrived at the big boulder, circled in black, I decided that would be a good place to stop. I did not realized that it was on a bench so I was only 2/3 of the way to the top. Here is a pic looking back at the campground. I am using large pictures so you can see the details!


Here is a view of Twin Lakes. Upper Twin Lake is barely visible in the background. The two lakes are connected by a narrow channel.


There were 3 things that would have made the hike easier. 1. Wear boots and not tennis shoes as they quickly filled with rocks! 2. Hike in the morning not the hottest part of the day! 3. Take my hiking stick for stability on loose gravel slopes!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your adventures and details of so many campsites many of us have never heard of. You take us on a trip with you each post. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are enjoying the posts. I hope you get to visit some of the places! Hope to meet up with you later!

    ReplyDelete

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...