Monday, September 17, 2018

Fort Churchill State Park Silver Springs, NV

As beautiful as the Twin Lakes area is, I decided it was time for new scenery. It is still too hot to head south so I went back north! I am now at Samuel Buckland's campground in Fort Churchill State Park. This campground is an oasis in the desert! Looking at the below pics, you will see what I mean!


That is part of the remains of the fort. It was an Army fort built to protect settlers and also a Pony Express station.

Here is my campsite. Lots of large Cottonwood trees. Most sites are very shady but I chose one that has lots of sun for the solar panels plus my rear windows face away from other campsites and toward the Carson river! It is $15 per night. It has pit toilets and plenty of potable water spigots! It also has a dump station that can be used at no additional cost!


Here is the Carson River. This time of year the rivers run pretty low in the desert! It flows from Carson City and into Lahonton Reservoir where I stayed on last years trip. Daytime temps are in the 80's and night time near 50.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...