Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Howard's Gulch-Canby, CA

I spent last night at Howard's Gulch in the same site as I camped on last years trip. It is a beautiful small campground but has is no phone reception. I hiked the local  trail which was a little over 1 mile long. It wandered below some great rock walls as it circled a hilltop.


Part way around it would of had a great view of Canby if it were not for the forest fire smoke!


I decided to take a different route south, from last year, and drive a little further to avoid the smoke. It also avoided a winding road and some steep inclines. I did get to ID a Nuttall's Woodpecker, a first for this ebird hotspot!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...