Monday, July 2, 2018

Back on the Oregon Coast

I cut short my time at Chiloquin as the couple I was going to bird with, hit a deer just a few miles away from our rendezvous spot! They were not hurt but their motorhome will be in the shop for several weeks so without a place to stay they headed out. I headed back to the coast were temps are more moderate and that is how I ended up back at Waxmyrtle campground! There is good birding, hiking, fishing and easy beach access. This is the view from the estuary over look just outside of camp!


As you can see the sun is out and the temps are perfect! I think I am going to spend a lot of time in the area over the next couple months. 

3 comments:

  1. Good plan to spend your time there with the comfortable temps. Still mid 80's everday here in Klamath Falls. We leave in the morning for Salem, will return in a few weeks to pick up our motor home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excelent photo of the Belted Kingfisher!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! As you know they rarely sit still long enough for a good pic!

    ReplyDelete

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...