Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Sutton Lake Campgound

After spending a week at Waxmyrtle Campgrounds, hiking, birding, fishing and crabbing I have moved to Sutton Lake Campground just a few miles north of Florence!


It costs $12 a night with my Senior Pass so just $1 more than Waxmyrtle. Like Waxmyrtle there are flush toilets and potable water but no waste water dump or showers. It is much quieter here as there are no nearby OHV areas. Lots of trees which make it challenging to find a site with the good sun light I need for my solar power. I finished installing all my panels about a month ago and have not needed to run my generator since! There are lots of ripe Salmon berries which are a treat to eat. They remind me of Raspberries except they are orange. They have a mild taste but are still delicious. There are several hiking trails that take you Sutton Lake, the beach or the nearby Alder Dune campground. I will be hiking and exploring over the next coupe of days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...