Monday, May 14, 2018

Still at Indian Ford Campground

Once again I spent the morning birding here. I was delighted to finally spot a mule deer after just seeing tracks. This buck was grazing beneath the pine trees unaware I was watching. I gave a whistle and to alert him of my presence.


He moved a short distance away but kept an eye on me as he went back to grazing! I identified the most species of birds on my walks here with a total of 36. The highlight of the day was a Townsend's Solitaire. My 6th life bird at this location!


For a complete list of today's birds and a few more photos, click here: Indian Ford ebird list

1 comment:

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...