Friday, May 11, 2018

Birding at Indian Ford Campground

It is a beautiful sunny central Oregon morning here and the birds are very active among the Aspen trees that grow along the stream. Woodpeckers, Black-headed Grosbeaks and a variety of Warblers. I have never seen such a variety of warblers in one location! First a couple pics of woodpeckers! The first pics is a Red-breasted Sapsucker and the second is a Downy Woodpecker.



I saw Townsend's, Yellow-rumped, Wilson's and Yellow Warblers. The only one I was able to photograph was the Yellow Warbler. Warblers move frequently as they forage in the vegetation for insects so capturing a clear photo is difficult!

What does not show in this pic is the contrasting red stripes on the warblers chest! I also identified another life bird, a Warbling Vireo! To see a complete list of this mornings birds, click here: Indian Ford birding .  I am looking forward to another birding walk this afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...