Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Squaw Lake CA 3/21/2018

I decided to go back to Squaw Lake which is where I started my trip to Texas to see if birding had changed.


There are still lots of Coots but most of the other waterfowl are not around. An area along the lake has been stripped of vegetation and they are planting native species trees. A lot of habitat where I saw a number of birds in January is now gone. I understand the need to restore natural habitat. I only hope no nests with eggs or babies were destroyed as I do not know the nesting season for this area! I plan to hike around Senator Wash Reservoir in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...