Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Seminole Canyon State Park 1/23/2018

I have a lot of pics to share today starting with this sunrise!


I saw lots of wildlife on today's walks. Cottontail rabbits and a number of White-tailed deer along with many birds. This pic shows why they are called white-tailed deer!


As you can see, that white tail is great for alerting about others danger. Those 3 were does but later I spotted this buck.


The history of  this park contains a mix of Indian living with rock rings where they once camped and built fires. I was difficult for me distinguish the rock rings from all the other rock formations but I am  sure the trained eye could. What was easier to see were the remnants of the historic rail line that once ran thru here.




I don't know why the rail line was abandoned but 10 years does not seem like much of a return on their investment! During my walk, I did get to see Seminole Canyon.


If you can picture this full of water then you know what the Pecos River looks like just a mile from here.I am staying here one more day as there is a tour of some river caves with petroglyphs, that I want to take, tomorrow at 10 AM. I almost forgot about the birds! Here is a pic of a Pyrrhuloxia which I mentioned in yesterdays blog.


To view the complete list of today's birds and some more pics, click here: Seminole Canyon ebird list for 1/23/18

No comments:

Post a Comment

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...