Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Falcon State Park, TX 1/24/2018

Drove most of the day and made it to Falcon SP near Roma, Texas. It is just a few miles to where I will be volunteering. The spot at Salineno Wildlife Preserve will not be vacant for a week so I will camp here. It was just $129 for full hookups for the week.


The park is located on the shores of Falcon Reservoir which is part of the Rio Grande river system. Mexico's border with the US splits the lake down the middle. Most of my drive thru Texas was along the river and there were Border Patrol agents every several miles along the highways. I took a quick birding walk upon arrival and added 3 life birds. One was a Great Kiskadee pictured below.


I added 2 on the way here but did not stop to get pics of those. To see today's ebird list with a few more pics, click here:  Falcon SP ebird list for 1/24/2017 I am looking forward to birding for the next 2 months along the Rio Grande!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...