Friday, January 26, 2018

Overcast and drizzling - just like home!

These have been the real first wet days since leaving Oregon. There is not enough precipitation to hinder my bird outing but everything is damp. With no mountain ranges between the gulf and here, the weather can imitated that of the Oregon coast. The wetness does not seem to hinder the javelinas  from wandering thru the campsites check for any food left unattended. There are 3 sizes in the group of six, 2 Small, 2 medium and 2 large. They are cute and entertaining! There were pretty relaxed until someone let their dog charge them. The people smiled as if the dog was being cute. Odd what some people think is entertaining! Anyway, I did walk a couple miles and identified 2 more life birds. A Long-billed Thrasher and Scaled Quail. The quail took flight quickly after I spotted them so no pics of those but here is the thrasher.


I also saw 4 white tailed deer. Two were bucks and 2 were just white tails flashes in the brush. The bucks were a 4 x 4 and a 2 x 2. No pics of the deer but I did see 2 coyotes and got a pic of one. I have to admit his looks a bit different than the other coyotes I have seen. It was larger and redder plus the tail did not seem as bushy.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, is it possible that your Coyote is a Mexican Wolf? I remember reading about them, but don't know the details, only that they are smaller than the wolf's up north.

    ReplyDelete

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...