Thursday, January 25, 2018

Falcon State Park TX 1/25/2018

Took a drive to check out my volunteer position at Salineno this morning. I will go into detail about that in a bit. When I got back to my campsite, there was a number of Javelinas (Peccaries) wandering around!


After seeing these I had to do some research and found that they are not related to pigs! They are related to deer, camels and hippopotamuses! Who would have guessed! Anyway back to Salineno. I was overwhelmed with the number and variety of birds I saw there. A majority of which I have never seen or heard of. Fortunately, Lois and Merle, the host there gave me a crash course in what I was seeing. A couple of colorful birds were Green Jays:


and Altamira Orioles:


If you would like to see more pics and the complete list of birds seen there, clickhere:Salineno ebird list for 1/25/2018  My job will mostly filling bird feeders and believe me they were being emptied very quickly as there were literally hundreds of birds there. I am looking forward to spending 7 weeks there! 

1 comment:

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...