Sunday, January 28, 2018

Falcon State Park TX 1/28/2018

Had a great bird watching morning. I added 2 more species to my life bird list which brought my total to 301! To see the complete bird list and pics, click here: Falcon SP ebird list for 1/28/2018 I thought I would give everyone a break from all the bird talk and focus on the plant life here in west Texas. I like to get off trail and hike but here in Texas it always results in shedding a little blood. This is a sample of the thorny plants that you encounter!





As you can see, the plants have great defenses. Not all the plants here are so unfriendly. A number are already starting to bloom. 


Besides these there are also plants with blue and purple blossoms. You might wonder why I would go off trail? Well all the coyotes and deer I have seen here have been off trail hikes. I count the reward worth the cost! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...