Monday, January 29, 2018

Falcon State Park TX 1/29/2018

While birding yesterday afternoon, I saw my first Walking Stick in the wild. It was about 2 inches long and blended in with the dry grass so well that if it had not been moving I would have never spotted it.


If you have trouble spotting it, here is a hint. The blurry blade of grass in the center of the picture crosses in front of its body. The body runs diagonally thru the picture.

Today I visited Salineno WP where I will start volunteering on the 1st of February. I saw these turtles which are called Rio Grande Cooters.


I added 2 new species to my life list while at Salineno, the Ringed Kingfisher and White-tipped Doves. I was not able to get a pic of the Kingfisher but here are the doves.


My Life list total now stands at 304! I never thought, when I headed out from Oregon last fall, that I would surpass the 300 mark!

1 comment:

  1. Great going 304 AND STILL COUNTING!!

    Enjoy your new job and please keep Blogging

    ReplyDelete

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...