Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Santa Ana NWR TX 1/30/2018

I had to go to the Santa Ana NWR this morning to sign Volunteer Agreement forms and pick up a vest. While waiting for my Supervisor I decided to join a birding tour that was just heading out. The guides were very informative and personable. I saw 6 new life birds. Several of which I would not have been able to ID if it were not for the guides help. One was this Rose-throated Becard.


Another was this Common Pauraque.


If you cant see it, don't feel bad. I could only see it with my binoculars and it was less than 10 feet away! It is a relative of the Night Hawk or Whippoorwill. I would have seen 3 more life birds but I had to take a break and go sign those papers. When I got back they showed me the list of what I missed! If you are a birder and ever get a chance to take this tour, DO NOT PASS IT UP! It is a 2 hour drive from here but I will be going back for another tour! I did not get many more pics but if you want to see them and a list of all the birds identified on this tour, clcik here:  Santa Ana NWR bird list for 1/30/2018

1 comment:

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...