Monday, January 1, 2018

Cattail Cove 1/1/2018

What a great start to the new year. Spent the morning birding and enjoying the sunshine and beautiful view!

This is Lake Havasu where I have spent a lot of time, off and on, over the last 2 months. I saw a number of birds this morning and along with this fine looking animal!


Two animals I have seen a lot of this trip are rabbits and coyotes! Makes sense since they are prey and predator! I am heading south tomorrow in the general direction of Yuma. Not quite sure of where but will figure it out on the way! One stop I do plan is another visit to Cibola NWR. I was told that there is a good chance of seeing Burrowing owls there as they build rock piles just to attract them! I did not know that my first time there so now I  know where to focus my search!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...