Sunday, December 31, 2017

Cattail Cove SP 12/31/2017

I am now at Cattail Cove, an Arizona State Park, on the south end of Lake Havasu. Jim and Jeanette have taken volunteer positions here for the next several months. I am camped near them in the overflow camping area.


This is a nice quiet secluded campground with about 80 sites with water and electric. They are $30 per night. I am in the overflow area as the hookup sites are all taken. Overflow is just $20 per night. Dawn and Rich made reservations so they are in the hookup sites. The campground has a waste water dump with a potable water spigot near by. There is a boat ramp and swimming area. There are also several hiking trails that wind thru the surrounding hills. Some have great views of the lake. The lake itself is very clear, much like many of the Oregon Cascade lakes. All though this area is more arid than most of Oregon it still has great natural beauty. 

1 comment:

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...