Thursday, December 14, 2017

Davis Camp 12/14/2017

Very windy here today. So windy that it did a remodel on my awning!


I don't think there is any serious damage but I won't know until the winds die down and I can put it back in the original position. Then a trip to the hardware store for repair material! I may look into replacing it with a roll up canvas awning. Then I will have access to interior at all times. Currently the aluminum awning covers the door when it is down. Despite the wind I had a good bird walk. Not only did I see a number of birds but I also encountered a coyote and this pair of burros!


This is a very nice campground with clean sites and hot showers. There is a bit of highway noise but tolerable.  I will be coming back here in the future! Tomorrow, after the winds mellow out, I will move to the dry camps sites which are right by the river. They are only $17 a night.

3 comments:

  1. OMG!! So sorry. Glad you have a good attitude about it, and hope you are able to come up with a faily easy fix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to time with you this week!!
    Sorry about the wind and the damage :-(.
    We LOVE the peacefulness of Boynlder Beach, you are a good scout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Glenn,
    We met at Cibola NWR. We talked about the possibility of seeing a Barn Owl. I decided that I didn't have enough information to list it, and it didn't show up on the ebird species map for Cibola. Good birding to you, Dick

    ReplyDelete

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...