Friday, December 15, 2017

Davis Camp 12/15/2017

The wind finally subsided here at Davis camp and I was able to flip my awning back into place. Even though it looked bad, the damage was minimal. It took a bit of muscle but I was able to get it to lock down so I could move camp sites. I am now dry camping down by the river with the Scott's who arrived this morning!


I like this spot better than on top even though there are no hook ups! You are right on the river. While Jim and Jeanette were setting up I spotted a Wood Duck floating down the river with a number of Mallard ducks! 


I already had this species on my Life list but it is another first for Mohave county! My county total is now 112. Jim and I had a great time birding after their arrival. We identified 32 species including Inca Doves which is a rare species for this location! I also received a text from my friends, Rich and Dawn. We met and worked together on the Oregon coast. They were at Craggy Wash where I just left. We will keep in touch and hopefully cross paths as they are heading south next as am I!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...