Monday, December 25, 2017

Craggy Wash 12/25/2017

Left Lake Havasu SP yesterday and am back at Craggy Wash. I am planning on a week here before heading south to the Yuma area. I went south to Cattail Cove SP on Lake Havasu this morning. I met up with Jim and Jeanette and Rich and Dawn. Rich and Dawn were volunteers with me when I was at the Oregon coast. We all attended a Christmas potluck hosted by the volunteers at Cattail Cove. There was a good variety of tasty dishes.

As I was leaving the park, I spotted this awesome creature on the road.


I believe it is an Arizona Blond Tarantula. I placed my wallet by it so you can have an idea of its size. My wallet is 4 x 5 inches. The tarantula, including legs, would cover the wallet. This was my first"in the wild" tarantula! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...