Thursday, December 28, 2017

Christmas Bird Count at Mineral Wash 12/28/2017

I spent most of the day helping with the Christmas Bird Count at Mineral Wash. I was teamed up with several birders who have more bird identification experience than myself. The first pic is of the drive in and the second is John and Jan heading up a narrow branch of the wash.



We had a great time and identified over 30 species. Two species were Life list birds! This Crissal Thrasher is not a Life bird but still a great find!


Not only did we see a number of birds but also this beautiful Common Buckeye butterfly.


Tomorrow I will be birding north of here and hopefully I will get to add more birds to my Life list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...