Saturday, December 2, 2017

Craggy Wash 12/2/2017

Been having brake issues with truck so dropped it off at Brake Masters in Lake Havasu City then went birding with John West. We went to Lake Havasu State Park. We ID 45 species in about 3 hours. I especially like this pic of an Anna's Hummingbird with its tongue stuck out!


For a complete list of birds we identified, click here: Lake Havasu State Park 12/2/2017  We finished birding and went to Azul Agave for a delicious Mexican meal! By chance, the restaurant was next door to the brake shop. We walked across the parking lot and found my truck was done and they were ringing up my bill! I could feel and hear the improvement on the short drive back to camp. On the dirt/rock road up to my camp site, I met a pickup heading out. Even from several 100 feet away I could see that they were driving on a flat rear tire. They were driving fairly fast for such a rough road and chunks of tire were flying off the vehicle. I attempted to wave them down but they were to busy chatting and drove right by! They disappeared around a corner so I do not know how far they drove before they discovered the problem!

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic photo the humming bird. Also liked the close up of the swallow. Never have got that close on a Rough-wing.

    ReplyDelete

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...