Thursday, November 30, 2017

Craggy Wash 11/30/2017

I decided to back track for a bit and am now at Craggy Wash near Lake Havasu City. I decided to pick a spot about a mile closer to the main highway than I did last time.


My birding friends and mentors, Jim and Jeanette Scott, are on their annual winter birding trip from Salem OR and are headed this way. I am hoping we can meet up somewhere and spend time birding together. I also hope to hook up with my friend, John West, who lives in this area. We birded together when I was here earlier in the month.

It is nice to be in familiar territory instead of pushing into the unknown. I know where to find all the necessities in this area like food, fuel and hardware. When you own a 30 year old RV, something is always in need of repair! This is a solid RV but I still manage to break something every now and then! One thing that seems out of place is all the Christmas decorations. It is sunny and in the 80's everyday! Feels like it should be the 4th of July! After spending last year on the Oregon coast with its record breaking rainfall, it is nice to to be able to take walks everyday without rain gear and rubber boots! I will be out early tomorrow birding. Hopefully I will add a new species to my life list!

1 comment:

  1. We are going to have to have you show us around Craggy Wash.

    ReplyDelete

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...