Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Senator Wash 11/29/2017

Not much has changed the last couple days. Now that the holiday is over the Proving Grounds are booming again. In addition, I have been hearing rapid fire weapons. I had noticed a military plane repeatedly flying over the area. Yesterday I saw that it was dropping off parachutists. One group disembarks, the plane lands and another group follows shortly.

There is a wide variety of campers at this location. From tents to huge motor homes. A number of campers stay here for extended times.  So they don't have to move their RV's, they have portable waste and potable water tanks. Some of them tow the tanks to the dump site with their ATV's. I thought this was an interesting western theme setup! A tepee and a covered wagon style canopy.

Been birding everyday. I add several new species everyday to my ebird list for this location. I got a great pic of a Kestrel. It is one of the smallest raptors in the U.S. Because of its small size it hunts mostly insects. I saw one capture a Monarch Butterfly and eat it. 

1 comment:

  1. Boondocking in the South-West is always an interesting experience. :)

    ReplyDelete

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...