Monday, August 28, 2023

Massacre Rocks State Park, Idaho

Well I'm back at Massacre Rocks but with the knowledge I gained from my last visit, I picked a campsite with a better view!


Last visit I was surrounded by Juniper trees close to the freeway. This spot is not as close to freeway so a bit quieter and the temps are 15 degrees cooler which makes for longer and more pleasant bird walks! It was fun to stand on the cliff and watch the pelicans fly by at eye level!


Despite the high temps, the sunflowers were in full bloom!


I also took time to notice the rock formations! 


I am not a geologist but I am confident those rocks are hardened lava! So much interesting and diverse beauty to be seen across our country!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...