Thursday, May 18, 2023

Southern Oregon RV Park

 I am just wrapping up an 8 day stay at the park. 


It is a very well kept park and all the workers are friendly and helpful. The park has 2 small lakes that are stocked with trout.


They also contain bass and bluegill. Although I did not fish, many locals did and I saw several catching trout. Each site is well maintained with full hookups.

The only downside to the park is noise from the freeway which is 500/600 ft away. If you stay, try to get a site furthest from the entrance. It has been in the upper 80's every day which I am not accustomed to after being on the central Oregon coast for 2 years but I am not going to complain. It is nice to be able to go outside without rain gear and rubber boots! There are a number of birding hotspots within just a few miles so I had lots to do. Tomorrow I head east up the Crater Lake Hwy to Joseph Stewart County park for 6 days. It is higher in altitude and should be a bit cooler with new places to bird!

1 comment:

  1. Safe travels. I noticed on eBird that you leave Phyllis Pace Memorial Lake at the top of the class!

    ReplyDelete

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...