Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Where have I been?

 Many of you may not know where I have been or what I have been doing since my last post about 20 months ago. I have been volunteering for the Forest Service in the Siuslaw National Forest on or near the Siltcoos River. I made this decision based on several factors like fuel prices, Covid restrictions and the border crisis. Staying in place and volunteering has reduced my monthly expenses and allowed me to add to my retirement savings. I am currently Camp Host at Tahkenitch lake which is located between Florence and Reedsport. I admit that not all my monies has gone into my savings! I have purchased new tires and electric jack for my trailer. I also purchased a fishing kayak which I I eventually flipped over causing the need for new fishing pole and gear, a new phone and new glasses! Lastly, I bought a new camera, a Nikon P1000. One of the features is a 125x zoom which is the equivalent of 60x spotting scope. Below are a couple photos showing the zoom capabilities. First photo is what I see with no visual assistance. The second photo is at just at a little less than full zoom.



At full zoom, it is challenging for me to hold it steady enough for a sharp picture. I have located a number of YouTube videos on the cameras use and settings so I am working on learning how to get the most out of the it. I gave notice to my supervisor that I am leaving at the end of April. I will be going back on the road. I am looking forward to new adventures. While I will be here for several more months, I will be posting more photos as I learn to use this new camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...