Thursday, February 16, 2023

Just a few more bird photos!

 I checked the surf report and the swells were from 3-5 feet so I headed to the Siltcoos River beach area this morning hoping to see some new pelagic birds and test my new camera using a tripod given to me by Jim Scott. The swells were fine but unfortunately there were very few birds on the water so I decided to stroll along the beach. Even there, there were very few birds. I got a good photo of a Red-breasted Merganser swimming in the Siltcoos river


and a couple of Killdeer walking along the bank.


Back in the parking lot I was able to photograph a pair of White-crowned Sparrows. The male with his bright white crown


and the female with a brown striped crown.


Hopefully over the next couple months I will be able to identify some pelagic birds as they should be migrating north for nesting.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...