Thursday, February 23, 2023

A beautiful sight!

 Today was one of those rare weather days on the Oregon coast, snow! I woke up around 4 this morning and noticed it was unusually bright out! I looked out the window and the ground was covered in crystalin white flakes. It has continued snowing on and off all day never getting over a inch of accumulation.


This is actually the second time, in my 69 years, that I have been fortunate enough to see this winter phenomenon. The last time was in January 2017 while volunteering a few miles from here on the Siltcoos river. That day there was an accumulation of 5 inches right down to the water line at the beach. 

Fortunately this phenomena is only going on today and even though very cold weather is predicted for several more days, there is no more snow in the forecast. I hope everyone that has to be out on the road stays safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...