Sunday, May 10, 2020

Salmon Harbor Marina at Winchester Bay

I had a nice surprise this week when Jay and I went to Winchester Bay to try our hand at crabbing. The first good news was that we got 4 keeper Dungeness and a dozen Red Rock crabs for a delicious meal later that day. The other good news is that there are campgrounds open here! I am now at the Salmon Harbor Marina where I plan to spend t least a week fishing and crabbing! The campground is a large paved parking area but a lot of the sites back up to the water! Even though the campsites are drab,


the view from my window is great!


I took a quick bird walk to get the feel of the area and I was surprised to see a couple of Savannah Sparrows at the end of the parking are!


I am looking forward to some fun adventures here this week!

1 comment:

  1. Great to find out you are camping at Winchester Bay, and I see you got a great bird list yesterday. We got exciting news last night from Cascade Campers that our build date can be moved up from July to June 5-8, which is what we have been wanting to hear.

    ReplyDelete

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...