Thursday, March 12, 2020

Las Vegas Bay Campground - Lake Mead

Since most of my birding and shopping is done in Henderson, I moved 8 miles north to Las Vegas Bay Campground. This cuts my trips to town almost in 1/2! It has the same amenities as Boulder Beach for the same price but it is much quieter for many reasons. One, it is a mile from the main road thru the park instead of 500 feet like Boulder Beach. It also has 1/2 the number of campsites and it is not right next to a 115 site RV park so there is much less traffic!


It also has a no generator section that was full so no luck there. It does not have a lake view but it is on a bluff over looking the river that runs from Las Vegas Lake to Lake Mead.


There were sites open along the bluff but I chose a site where I could park north to south as most of the winds come from those 2 directions and I try to keep from being broadside to them. I took a short walk to the top of the rise, behind my site, and saw this lovely blossoming Beavertail cacti.

 
I am looking forward to birding along the river. This may become my go to spot at Lake Mead!

1 comment:

  1. I sure like your posts, Glenn. Sending my best from Lake Havsu :)

    ReplyDelete

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...