Wednesday, November 20, 2019

A change in the weather!

Last night I awoke to the first measurable rainfall, since leaving Oregon on October 1st, complete with an amazing lightning storm! Even though last night put on quite a show, I awoke this morning to clear skies and a temp of 63 degrees!


Just to catch you up on my travels, I left the Lost Dutchman campground on Friday morning after getting Amy off to Eugene on Thursday afternoon. I headed south to Madera Canyon with the goal of finding a Painted Redstart. It took till Sunday afternoon to succeed in that effort so my life bird count is now 404! Coincidently, I located the bird at the same watering hole as I located the Elegant Trogon. Unfortunately, the pictures I took all focused on the limbs between me and the Redstart so the image of the bird is blurry!

I had been watching the weather forecast and saw that it called for thunderstorms to roll in mid week with gusty winds and rain. As I was on a dirt road, on an exposed hill facing the direction the storm was approaching from, I decided to head west to the Yuma area where the storm would have less impact and I would be camped on pavement. So here I am back at Senator Wash. Temperatures have cooled and looking at the forecast, it will stay that way!

1 comment:

  1. This is a test! I may have found the solution to "Post a Comment"!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...