Sunday, October 20, 2019

Back at Houston Mesa Campground

We spent 2 nights at Canyon Point Campground but decided it was too cold for our taste so we back tracked to Houston Mesa outside of Payson.


I did consider other routes away from Canyon Point but many of the other roads were too steep and winding for my taste so here we are. Although the 2 campgrounds are only about 30 miles apart, the difference in temps are about 10 degrees due to elevation. Canyon Point is on top of the Mogollon Rim, a 200 mile long escarpment that runs across a large part of northern top of Arizona. Canyon Point was almost at the 8000 foot level while here we are 5000 feet. One of the great things about travel is learning new facts about this wonderful country we live in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...