Thursday, August 1, 2019

Waldo Lake

Amy and I spent the last 2 days camping at North Waldo Lake  campground. My first visit to the lake. It is a beautiful location with lots of boating and a number of trails for hiking. No gas motors allowed on the lake so it is very quiet and peaceful.


There were a few mosquitos but not overwhelming! The lake is near the top of the Willamette pass, just a few miles off Hwy 58. 


We checked Islet and Shadow Bay campgrounds but liked this one best. There were not a lot of bird species but we still enjoyed the location.

1 comment:

  1. Waldo Lake is a gem - - we love it in early September when the mosquitoes are long gone.

    ReplyDelete

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...