Thursday, July 18, 2019

Sweet Creek Trail

I am a little slow in getting this posted as I hiked the Sweet Creek Trail over a week ago! I have been wanting to hike the trail and check out all the waterfalls for some time but have always put it off but when my friend Rolf asked about a hike, I decided now was the time. I met Rolf and his wife Tanya at Waxmyrtle campground several years ago. They travel from Germany almost every year and spend a month camping in Oregon. He is a Forester and outdoorsman so we have plenty to talk about. The Sweet Creek trail is an easy 2 mile round trip hike. It is known for all the waterfalls along the way. Here is some of the scenery!




The trailhead is about 10 miles down river from Mapleton on the south side of the Siuslaw! If you get a chance I recommend you go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...