Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Cold Springs Campground - Sisters, OR

Headed east on Tuesday to avoid the rain on the west side of the Cascades. The bad news is that it is raining over most of the state but the good news is that it is a lot less on the east side! I spent last night at Indian Ford then moved to Cold Springs campground this morning. My first visit to this location. It is a beautiful area with lots of old growth pine trees and a clear small stream flowing through the campground.



I found a site next to the stream! Sites cost $14 but only $7 with my USFS senior pass. They have several pit toilets and a cool hand pump for drinking water! I have not seen many birds yet but I will keep looking!

1 comment:

  1. Can be some great birding in the aspen trees in early summer, beautiful place for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...