Sunday, December 23, 2018

Woke up feeling a little homesick this morning but then

I walked up the hill and looked at the horizon. As the sun warmed my back, the sadness melted away and was replaced with gratefulness for the opportunity to enjoy the warmth and beauty of the southwest!



I continued on and had a great birding morning. Soon I spotted a juvenile Bald Eagle sitting high in a poplar tree.


Just bit further and there were two raccoons scampering along the beach headed for cover!


Out on the lake I saw three Common Loons which are rare for this location and time of year. Two were colored as I would expect like the one below.


The third one looked quite a bit different. I am not sure if this is a normal molt or if it is leucistic.


To see a complete list of todays' birds and more pics, click here: Senator Wash ebird list

1 comment:

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...