Thursday, November 29, 2018

BLM camping at Cibola

I am back at Cibola NWR but this time I am camping on BLM land!


As you can see, it is pretty barren, so why here rather than by the Colorado river in a campground? A lot of reasons actually! No close neighbors with generators, OHV's, loud music or kids running around your RV. It is right across the road from the NWR so less driving and saved fuel. Also it has great views of mountain ranges on both the east and west sides! Below is looking west toward the Colorado river. Lots of green trees and fields.


On the east, you have the mountains with beautiful sunrises!


I have plenty of sunshine for the solar panels and there is usually a nice breeze keeping me cool in the afternoon. To the south is a wash full of trees and birds. I walked around it a bit yesterday and saw coyote and burro tracks. I can look out the window toward the refuge and hear and see large flocks of geese, ducks and cranes flying! To me, that is much sweeter music than my neighbors were playing in the campgrounds!

1 comment:

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...