Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Alamo Lake State Park-AZ

Dawn, Rich and I camped at Alamo SP yesterday. It is pretty remotely located at the end of a 35 mile long dead end road. That is to say dead end for highway vehicles! There are hundreds of miles of OHV trails past the lake with some going all the way to the Colorado River.


The lake is also known for its great fishing. Like most southwest lakes, the water level is pretty low leaving several of the boating ramps high and dry. It also means that it is a long walk from the campgrounds to the lake!


Campsites are priced from $15 per night with no hookups and $25 per night for full hookups. There are also cabins but I do not know their pricing. They have flush toilets and free showers! It has a waste water dump and obviously potable water. I chose a quiet spot away from others and near the showers! There are wild burros wandering the hills. I did not see any but Dawn and Rich did. I got in a good bird walk down to the lake and back. If you are interested in the list and some bird pics, click here: Alamo Lake birding list
Even though it is not really a good birding place, I am glad to have gone as I have heard good things about it from several people and if you like fishing or off road driving, I would recommend a visit here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...