Thursday, September 6, 2018

Wood River Wetlands

Went to Wood River Wildlife Preserve, which is at the north end of Agency Lake, to bird first thing this morning. It is a marshy area with great trails and views of open water.



I was wondering how birding would be compared to my last visit several months ago. I was able to identify 63 species! I have pics of one species that I am not able to ID yet but with the help of friends I am confident we will get it figured out. It was a bit cloudy and smoky so not the best lighting for pics but I did get these!

 American Bittern
 Black-crowned Night-heron
Green Heron

To see more pics and a complete list of today's birds, click here: Wood River bird list


1 comment:

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...