Sunday, June 3, 2018

Williamson River Campground, Chiloquin, Oregon

I am still here at Williamson River Campground. Birding is fantastic, but before I go into that, I wanted to share pics of other animals here! There are a number of chipmunks and squirrels. One cute squirrel was this Douglas Squirrel that kept a close I an me as I passed by!


Another mammal was this Muskrat that swam past while I was sitting on the river bank.


Now back to birding! I walked from my camp to the border of the Collier State park, about 1.3 miles and back this morning. I identified 43 species of birds including this bright yellow and black American Goldfinch!

Two Pileated woodpeckers! At 16.5 inches in length it is the largest woodpecker in the Northwest.  It is 4 inches longer than the second largest woodpecker, the Northern Flicker!


The prize of the day went to this Black-backed Woodpecker! My 349th Life bird!


Only 1 more species to hit my goal of 350 by the end of this summer!

1 comment:

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...