Friday, May 4, 2018

Oregon Coast, Waxmrytle Campground


Moved across the river to a First Come First Served campsite in the Waxmyrtle campground so I would not be bumped from my Lagoon site because of a reservation. Now that I have my solar panels all mounted on the roof of the RV, I have to be more selective of my camp site.


I went clamming with my friend Rich on Wednesday and got our limit of Purple Varnish clams. They have been cleansing in salt water and corn meal for 2 days so today I will steam them and make chowder! I birded the Waxmyrtle trail to the beach this morning and identified 41 species! It was an overcast morning so not many good pics to share but here is one of Short-billed Dowitchers.


if you would like to see a complete list of species, click here: Waxmyrtle Trail ebird list

2 comments:

  1. Our old “Stomping Grounds”!

    We need a reunion with John in Site #8 :-)

    Forty one is STELLAR, I can’t get the link to work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thx Jeanette. I think I fixed the link. Let me know if you still have troubles with it!

    ReplyDelete

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...