Sunday, January 7, 2018

Cibola NWR and Oxbow Campground 1/7/2018

Spent most of the day birding here at the campground and at Cibola NWR. Lots and lots of birds. No new Life birds but I did see and photo a Crissal Thrasher 

and a Sage Thrasher. The Sage Thrasher is considered "rare" for this time of year in the Cibola NWR. When I see those species, I strive to get a pic as proof of identification. 


I also identified and photographed another bird considered "rare" bird at Cibola NWR earlier this week, a Black and White Warbler. I received an email from one of the ebird auditors for this county recognizing the find! Nice to get a pat on the back!


I have been fortunate to identify a number of species considered "rare" on this trip. All part of the fun and challenge of birding!

2 comments:

  1. What a great birding experience you are having. Sure enjoy your blog and photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Glenn,
    We're heading over the Oxbow tomorrow, the 12th. Any tips you could give me for finding the Crissal Thrasher would be wonderful. We've never seen one.
    Thanks,
    Dick and Tip

    ReplyDelete

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...