Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Senator Wash 11/21/2017

Had a great morning birding around Senator Wash. I added a number of new species to my ebird list for this area. One I particularly like is this Gila Woodpecker.

For a complete list of today's birds and more pics, click here: Senator Wash ebird list 11/21/2017 Must not get many birders at this location as after just 3 days I am number 4 in the Top 10 list with just 45 species. For Imperial county I am 2014. It looks like I have my work cut out!

The Yuma Proving Grounds are just a few miles away so all day you here the boom of artillery fire. It is not loud, just interesting to hear! 

2 comments:

  1. Nice photo of the Gila, one of our favorite woodpeckers down there. And, good birding list. If you stay there much longer, you will catch or maybe pass David and Lauren.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My blog reader is finding you now. Thanks for updating the format!!

    ReplyDelete

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...