Thursday, October 19, 2023

Cape Blanco State Park

I will be spending a week here at Cape Blanco SP. Cape Blanco is the furthest point west in the continental United States. The cape has a lighthouse which is a big draw to this area!


The southern Oregon coast is a bit different than the northern in that is has many large rocks just off shore.


The ocean was very turbulent making some spectacular displays as the waves smashed against these rocks.


I made a couple videos and here is one!


As a bonus, I picked up a couple nice King Bolete mushrooms on the way back from the lighthouse. I will use these in a soup or stew!


I placed my phone in the pic so you can get an idea of their size!

2 comments:

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...