Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Back on the Oregon coast!

 After a successful trip to Montana, where I was able to identify 9 new life birds, I made a quick trip to South Dakota to visit my cousin and tour their new home and town. I hope to spend a month on the coast fishing and crabbing. Last weekend my son came to visit. He brought his boat and we fished Eel lake where we caught our limits of trout.


Of course he caught the largest! Sunday we fished Tahkenitch lake where we landed 4 trout. 2 bass and 2 yellow perch. It was a fun weekend with great weather.

Yesterday I went crabbing in Winchester Bay off the high pier. I ended up with 11 keepers including an 8.5 inch beauty. The largest crab I have ever gotten!


It was 2 inches wider than the crab measure. Today I am making a seafood chowder with the trout, crab, shrimp and mushrooms I gathered locally! It is great to be able to harvest the bounties of the Oregon coast!

3 comments:

  1. Great post, welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From, Jeanette Scott

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Your cost of groceries should go way down. - Jim Scott

    ReplyDelete

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...